Thursday 10 November 2011

Good couple of days

Just what you didn't need really. Caught up with a few bits and pieces that really should have been on by now - Golden Plover, Snow Bunting and Woodcock - and some real quality in the form of a Pink-footed Goose. A full fat patch tick and, I think, the first one I've seen since leaving Aberdeen in 1996 (unless I maybe saw a few on Shetland one autumn). If you think that's sad I witnessed a birder at our local RL Buzzard take a call about a Long-tailed Duck at Dungeness and high-tail it the 15 miles or so to twitch it. It's a different world down here. Anyway, enough preamble, 103.91%. Looks like you're all suffering from doing so well last year.

1 comment:

  1. Killer blow! Did you punch the sky when ya saw de pinkie? That would be a massive patch tick for me - I've only seen 2 species of geese here, brent (less than 10) & egyptian (1)! I haven't counted de gypo yet tho - prob gen bird tho I'd say!

    ReplyDelete