Sunday 10 June 2012

Late spring migs

I was wondering yesterday morning as I trundled around me patch, why this spell of easterlies hadn't produced any half decent birds....

Twenty minutes later there I was enjoying a full fat patch tick, albeit a rather dull and tarty one, but a rosefinch is a rosefinch and much appreciated.

Less than an hour later I got a call from the ol' bill and Reg had gone and got himself a marsh warbler singing its little heart out and, amazingly, showing as well in a small group of willows.  Only my third for the patch and good regional rarity.

A fine duo of late spring birds and hopefully more to come.

Still plenty of 'regulars' to be had which might allow others to catch those front runners who seem to have got stuck in mid-summer stagnation.

These and a couple of fillers put me on to 78.40%.

Happy days

Bushveld

No comments:

Post a Comment