Friday 14 September 2012

At last...

Finally get round to updating on Collieston.Some good additions in the last 6 weeks or so since returning from my hols.The extended spell of easterlies in August proved rich with Icterine Warbler and then 2 Juvenile Long-Tailed Skuas flying over my head as I stood in my drive.
A reasonable range of common migrants kept me busy in-between with good numbers of Garden Warbler, Pied Flycatcher, Whinchat and the odd Lesser Whitethroat and Redstart.
More recently waders have been the main attractions with Ruff and Black-Tailed Godwit all featuring among others.
2 Pectoral Sandpipers circled in over my head on 7.9 as I stood by one of the Feu farm pools, circled a few times  calling in a distinctive low pitched, short growl and dropped onto another , nearby field pool.Bushveld rounded off his Paddyfield weekend(cheers for that one by the way!) by finding a third bird on the same pool.Atmospheric scenery shot just for good measure as well.  Here's hoping for more such interest this weekend...
Reg

No comments:

Post a Comment