Sunday 20 January 2013

New Additions

After giving up a week of skiing in Aspen I've made a couple of wintry visits to the patch in recent days. One or two new additions including Waxwing, Dark-bellied Brent Goose and this morning a nice Woodock have taken me a smidge over the 50% mark with 73 species to date.

Local residents recognizing i'm not getting any younger have been most kind over the Christmas period leaving both a mattress and a rather fetching leather armchair at key locations on the patch presumably in the knowledge that I may need to take a rest occasionally. I am eternally grateful and will ensure they are thanked in my next Oscar speech.

I have moved myself into the third spot in the table on the basis my name starts with a K which comes before S in the alphabet.

1 comment:

  1. Good to have you aboard again for another water adventure Kev! I'll let you off pulling that Alphabet jape as its so early in the year, but I won't be so forgiving ifi we end up tied at Year's end!!

    ReplyDelete