Tuesday 8 September 2015

Seawatching Therapy

Last year I spent a total of 30 minutes sea watching and enjoyed it so much thought I'd try it again.  With a brisk north-westerly I was hopeful for a couple large shears or may be a Fea's or two … but alas not.  However, I did break my record from last year and must have spent nearly a whole 40 minutes sitting there watching waves.  Very relaxing it was to, but not really all that productive.  Did bag a couple of full fat patch ticks though in the form Manxie and red-throated diver!... but then, this is a new (ish) patch and I just don't look at the sea much.

The easterlies earlier were disappointing with a scattering of migrants the best of which being a reed warbler (no paddyfields, wrynecks, icky's, shrikes to be seen).  But there's time and I'm off to the patch just now so hopeful for an update shortly.

87 species
69.05%

Happy days


No comments:

Post a Comment