Friday 10 January 2014

Seppy in Tiny Patch Shocker

Since the good people at Google redid their satellite google maps of Wesht Cork, I've been meaning to double-check my patch area, just to ensure that I'm squeaky-clean as far as adherence to the rules is concerned. When I did this ages ago using graph paper, a pencil, a window and a calculator I think I discovered that the patch was a bit over 2 km squared, however when I did it the other night using the map tools I made an interesting discovery...


Eat this! Never diet again!

No, I mean this bit...


The area in blue is my whole patch, and I was pretty generous in some areas, as there's bits included that I've never walked over at all. And its still only 1.605 square km! So now I'm wondering which bit of adjacent land to include - if I took in the lake & Rathbarry woods I'd get coal tit & jay every year, and treecreeper would be a patch tick. Or I could run a bit out to Red Strand and then be able to count rosy starling & pec on the patch list as I've seen both there. What to do, what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment