Tuesday 21 August 2012

quarterly score declaration

Time for my quarterly score declaration...

119 species/92.6%

Nothing earth shattering of course, cos you'd have heard about it.

I'm a little intrigued about what counts as 'on patch' though. I know we've been over this before, so if someone could refresh my memory that would be grand.

If I can see my patch and the humpback whale at the same time, can I count it (despite the fact that it isnt a bird)? It was only a few hundred metres offshore, as was I (on a boat, by the way...)

I reckon it is marginally better than wryneck. I've never seen a wryneck breaching, mind you...

1 comment:

  1. Clarification of rules is it? No better man than I!

    This comes under the in or out thing - as long as you or the bird are within (or over - if its a bird) the patch, then it goes on the list. However in this case you were off patch (on a boat) and it was off patch (in the sea). so it doesn't count. If it beached it would count, except it wouldn't really because its not a bird, its a fish.

    And fish don't count

    Case closed!

    ReplyDelete