Thursday 1 November 2012

Squeezing The Last Drops

Working all weekend until Sunday afternoon, final hour of light managed to squeeze in a quick sea-watch and add two Little Auk and Black Guillemot, the latter only my 2nd on the patch ever. The following morning after counting 500+ Little Auks I sneaked a juv Sabine's Gull in moving south.

I also need to confess to some suppression, earlier in the year a White-spotted Bluethroat was found on patch and I was invited to assess whether it was twitchable in a difficult area for access with a new land tenant, recently ploughed field and in suitable breeding habitat (long shot but...) news was never issued but I did accidentally see the bird whilst discussing whether to put it out.

Anyway the long and the short of it, 138 and still need Pink-footed Goose!

No comments:

Post a Comment