Tuesday 3 November 2015

More MEGA than Seppy's MEGA cock action

I might have to re-evaluate my opinion of my on-patch lake.

While it is undeniable that it's most remarkable feature is a lack of species diversity (mallard, teal, moorhen, grey heron, cormorant and a smattering of gulls are the only regulars), it has delivered a few stellar additions to this year's tally over the last month or so.

There were the gadwall and coot, of course... and then there was yesterday.

A quick spin to the lake on the bike looking for elusive mute swans resulted in a very distinct lack of swanage... but did throw up a rather splendid green sandpiper down on the lakeshore.

OUTSTANDING patch tickage... taking me to 101.18% for the year.

No pics, obvs... I was on the bike with no camera and my attempts through the bins with the phone turned out to be woeful. So here's one I purloined from Google that looks exactly like it.



Now... it's a toss up between green sandpiper and coot for my best patch find... decisions, decisions!


By Ron Knight from Seaford, East Sussex, United Kingdom (Green Sandpiper (Tringa ochropus)) [CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment