Tuesday 25 April 2017

late in getting started...

It has taken me a while to get round to this. I could claim I have been busy, what with work in Antarctica and Melanesia but it is really just about priorities.

And the competition this year has been a low priority of late, in part due to an impending divorce. Yes, I am separating from my patch. It has been a good affair lasting nearly three years, but we are moving apartments, the current five minute walk to the patch will be a distant memory and I will be in search of a new patch.

Not that the patch has been without interest. The year list has moved on to a respectable 72 and includes four patch ticks (count 'em). Oriental dwarf kingfisher, orange-headed thrush, dark-sided flycatcher and brown hawk owl. The best image I have is of the dullest of the additions...





Add to this the regular presence of hooded and blue-winged pittas, red-legged crakes with chicks and changeable hawk-eagle a new breeding species for the patch; and life has been good. I will be sad to leave it but new pastures beckon. Well, it won't be a pasture as grassland is more or less non-existent here but...

1 comment:

  1. Basil Faulty is always good at getting changeable hawk-eagles over his patch....

    ReplyDelete