Wednesday 7 October 2020

Fillers

What with rare birds occurring on every blade of east coast grass over the last week, I've been spending a bit more time than usual stomping around the patch.  Thoughts of Ol' Snowy returning to it's favourite perch on top of my piano have, unfortunately, faded as there was absolutely nothing worthy of its return.  However, I did squeeze in a few patch birds for the year with a total of TEN year ticks:

Redstart
Ring Ouzel
Redwing
Mistle Thrush
Lesser whitethroat
Blackcap
Wood warbler
Chiffchaff
Brambling
Crossbill

Quality birds all of them.  Although wood warbler was a FFP tick and it was only my second ever crossbill.

Still no rares though and I'd rather have been with Roy Castle clearing up Shetland...who wouldn't?

The good news is that, for now, there is hope that the Mallard could remain where it has been for the last couple of years.  

119 species
105.68%

Happy days



No comments:

Post a Comment