Monday 30 August 2021

Annual update

It has been a busy month, lots of shows to record. I've spent a bit of time in Fife - lots of comedians up there - and on my return to the big smoke I've been on fire. Literally smokin' - added Tree Pipit and Cuckoo on the patch after the 9 hour drive home, the following weekend a Garganey and a Raven (4th and 3rd for the patch respectively), and then yesterday a Great White Egret (probably under 10, though increasing) and finally Pied Flycatcher (annual but always utter bastards) all of which takes me to 122 species, or in real money, 108.28%. 

This is actually my highest ever patch total, beating last year's 121. Who says COVID is a bad thing? There are four months to go but only one 'gimme' in the shape of Bramblingfinch. Well, maybe Bullfinch but I'd have to loiter in undesirable places for one of those so it might have to go begging.

108.28% is also top of the leaderboard, so how 'bout we all just call it a day. Mrs Nimmo did mention that she was missing the Mallard, so there's a challenge for me. If Shaky could just stay at home for the autumn please?

No comments:

Post a Comment