Saturday 31 December 2022

Best of the losers... and farewell to The Mall

 A last ditch attempt to gain a podium place over the last few days all came to naught. While the late addition of Purple Sand and Stock Dove elevated Squince to a heady 103.28%, it wasn't quite enough to oust South Don from the Bronze Medal position.

Tallying up the total for the neglected patch at The Mall revealed I hadn't updated the total on here for a while... so it jumps from last place to a much more respectable fifth, just behind Squince -- for yet another "Best of the losers" finish.

Although, in consolation, I did pick up both Silver and Bronze in the Irish Patch sub-category -- so that's something.

Alas, the close of 2022 is also a death knell for The Mall -- as I'll be focussing exclusively on Squince for the Patch Challenge next year... err... from tomorrow. It's been a solid, if rather uninspiring patch over the years, and I should probably say I'll miss it, but I won't (other than being able to tick stuff from the jax and the washing line... which is always a bonus).

At least Seppy will be out of the running for a couple of years once he factors in this year's ridiculous tally. I might even win the Irish Patch sub-category next year if I try really, really hard.

So Happy New Year to all participants. May your bins fog up and your scopes jam in 2023. 

Game #ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment