Tuesday 8 October 2024

Dawdling along

 It's been a while since posting anything, mainly cos there's been very little to shout about.  

August passed by without notice.  Managed to pick up six species for the month: kestrel, dunlin, golden plover, ruff, bonxie and common tern, all making up the numbers.  

September was no better, except that I wasn't here for half of it; which was nice.  Sooty shear', yellow-browed warbler and a merganser was the months tally.  The merganser though was only my third for the patch, reflecting my lack of seawatching as it should be annual, if only I could be bothered.

Anyway, these rather meagre pickings hauled me up to 116 for the year and 94.82%.  

The good news is there's still 8 species to be found before the end of the year which have been recorded 80% of the years, so should be almost bankers.

Happy days

Bushveld



No comments:

Post a Comment