Monday, 31 August 2026

September still just around the corner...

 Yes indeedy, before we can even get to September, there's been some more good stuff turning up at Galley. First off, Old Spoons banged into a hippo briefly down Dirk on Thursday, but we weren't able to get a decent look at it till Friday, at which point it was ID'd as a melodious warbler

A melodious warbler, on Friday


And then this morning, while still half asleep, I was gawking at the lake, when I noticed a nice juvenile black tern flying about - only my 3rd evah on patch, and my first since October 2013!

A black tern, er, today


So there we have it. A check of the totaliser and prediction win-dicator for the rest of the year shows me needing just 21 more species to break the by now almost mythical 150 species barrier - I'd best get back out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment