Wednesday 1 February 2012

Cold snap warms Derek's cockles

Fabulous day in Wanstead chaps. As an [extreme] OAP I might suffer from fuel poverty, but when the freezing temperatures bring gifts such as these, how can I complain? First up 2 drake Wigeon on the Basin, annual, but barely, and then a steady procession of Lapwing seen from the house whilst thinking up original gags for the show, now in it's 214th season. Lapwing never fail to be seen in cold weather here, and though I only got 16, there were up to 40 seen today at various points - I'm expecting more tomorrow - guess I'll need to dream about another species now. Plenty of Fieldfare and Redwing about, and a Meadow Pipit from the house was most unusual. Bring on the continental geese and swans! New total 70 / 65.42%.

Best wishes
Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment